APPLICATION FOR CONFERENCE TRAVEL AWARD
Application Deadline - Friday, November 2, 2018
The Department of History Conference Travel Award provides support to students for up to $500.00 annually. There are two competitions per year (May and October). In the event that the number of applications exceeds the funding allotted, applicants who have never received a conference travel award will be given priority. Students accepted to and attending a conference between the deadlines may apply retroactively. Note that this must be a bona fide conference and not a workshop.
Students receiving this grant will be reimbursed for conference expenses of travel, accommodation and registration only (no exceptions). Original receipts (including boarding passes) must be submitted to the Graduate Office for reimbursement after the conference.
Student must submit the following to the Graduate Office by the deadline:
- Application Form
- Completed OSOTF form (if applicable) - (Ontario Residents only)
- Conference Program
- Detailed budget
- Statement of the conference’s relevance to your work.
Please Note: The Awards and Fellowships Committee will not consider candidates for whom there is no current Supervisory Progress Report on file.
It does not disquality you from receiving the Conference Travel Grant if your answer is NO
Download OSOTF form here
Upload completed OSOTF form to your personal OneDrive folder by naming the file as follow: Lastname, FirstInitial - Fall2018_OSOTF
Other documents required to complete the Conference Travel Award application
Please upload the following documents in Word/Excel/PDF format to your personal OneDrive folder naming the files as follows:
- Statement of the conference’s relevance to your work - Lastname, FirstInitial - Fall2018_TravelAwardStatement
- Detailed budget for the conference - Lastname, FirstInitial - Fall2018_TravelAwardBudget
- Completed OSOTF form (if applicable) - Lastname, FirstInitial - Fall2018_OSOTF
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUBMISSION