Lindsay C. Sidders (she/her)
Areas of Interest: early colonial New Spain (Mexico); criollismo.
Forthcoming: Translation of 24 March 1614 visita record of Alonso de la Mota y Escobar. In Primary Source Reader: Global Reformations: Transforming Early Modern Religions, Societies, and Cultures, edited by Nicholas Terpstra.
“Creole Conquests: Reformation, Representation, and Return in Early Colonial New Spain.” In Global Reformations: Transforming Early Modern Religions, Societies, and Cultures, edited by Nicholas Terpstra, 176-194. Routledge, 2019.
“The War System in Colombia: The Interpretations of Nazih Richani and James Rochlin." Review of Systems of Violence: the Political Economy of War and Peace in Colombia by Nazih Richani and Vanguard Revolutionaries in Latin America: Peru, Colombia, Mexico by James Rochlin. Past Imperfect 14 (October 2008): 164–174.
Co-author with B. Gregory Bailey, Meaghan E. Bernard, Gregory Carrier, Cherise L. Elliott, John Langdon, Natalie Leishman, Michal Mlynarz, and Oksana Mykhed. “Coming of Age and the Family in Medieval England.” Journal of Family History 33: 1 (January 2008): 41–60.
Review of The Bishop's Utopia: Envisioning Improvement in Colonial Peru by Emily Berquist Soule. Bulletin of Latin American Research 26:1 (2017) 102-103.
Review of Representing Imperial Rivalry in the Early Modern Mediterranean edited by Barbara Fuchs and Emily Weissbourd. Comitatus 47 (2016): 325-327.
Co-author with Sanchia deSouza, Joel Dickau, Edward Dunsworth, William Fysh, Benjamin Lukas, Kari North, Maris Rowe-Mcculloch, Hana Suckstorff, Nathaniel Thomas, Erica Toffoli, and Spirit-Rose Waite. “Teaching Sexual Violence in History.” In Beyond the Lecture: Innovations in Teaching Canadian History, edited by Andrea Eidinger and Krista McCracken, 173-179. Active History, 2019. https://ecampusontario.pressbooks.pub/beyondlecture/
“Intersections of Knowledge, Order, and Indigeneity in Colonial México: The Library of the Colegio de Santa Cruz de Tlatelolco at the Sutro Library,” California State Library Association Bulletin 105 (2013): 24-32.
- 2017 - 2019 Robson Graduate Fellow, Centre for Renaissance and Reformation Studies, Victoria University
- 2015 - 2017 Robson Graduate Research Assistant, Centre for Renaissance and Reformation Studies, Victoria University
- 2011 Faculty of Arts and Science Study Elsewhere Scholarship for Less Commonly Taught Languages, University of Toronto (Nahuatl)
- 2009 - 2012 Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada, Joseph-Armand Bombardier CGS Doctoral Scholarship
- 2009 - 2010 Ontario Graduate Scholarship, Government of Ontario (declined)
- 2007 Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada, CGS-M Scholarship
- BA, Honours, University of Alberta
- MA, University of Alberta