The History Students’ Association (HSA) aims to bring together undergraduate students and professors with a common interest in history by hosting a number of social and intellectual events throughout the year. Every student who takes at least one-half course in the Department of History is a member of the student association.
The association contributes to the Department of History's intellectual community by:
- Publishing a journal of undergraduate student work, The Future of History
- Holding an annual conference
- Running a mentorship program that pairs first- and second-year history students with upper-year students with similar interests
- Sending out regular newsletters about their activities and other opportunities for students
The HSA gives undergraduate students a voice in curriculum and policy-making by representing them at meetings of the Department of History and our Undergraduate Program Committee.
- Drop by or leave a note at the association’s office in Sidney Smith Hall, 100 St. George Street, Room 3102.
- Email email@example.com.
- Visit the History Students' Association Facebook page — the best place to get current information.
Journal: The Future of History
The History Students’ Association bi-annually publishes a journal of undergraduate essays entitled The Future of History, featuring high-quality papers from students written throughout the year for their courses. We also accept submissions from a variety of other disciplines.
- You can submit a maximum of two essays for consideration.
- Please include in your submission email your permanent contact information (email, phone number) so the committee can contact you should your essay/critique be chosen.
- For complete submission guidelines, please visit the HSA Facebook page.
All essays must be emailed with the subject "Essay Submission [year]."
HSA Executive, 2019-2020
Co-Presidents: Grace Kovacs & Alexis Hassanpourtehrani
Vice-President, Academic: Aqeel Assan-Lebbe
Vice President, Mentorship: Matthew J.M. Barker
Journal Director: Stephen Wong & Sarah Colbourn
Conference Director: Muhanna Al Lawati
Logistics Director: Erin Socholotiuk
Communications Director: TBD
Social Media Director: TBD